ISM Celebrates its 50th Anniversary
Jan 15, 2020
The UK pavilion at ism 2020 - sweets, biscuits and confectionery
This year sees the ISM trade show celebrate its 50th anniversary, at a time when innovation from UK manufacturers is key to meeting the demand for products that offer quality ingredients, provenance and sophisticated flavours. Exhibitors at this year's show offer new twists to mainstream confectionery, catering for specific dietary requirements such as free from, vegan and vegetarian, meeting the need for consumers wanting to know more about ingredients and origin or products. Here is a selection of a few of the exciting innovations on the UK Pavilion at ISM in Halls 4.2 and 5.2:
- New Product Showcase - be sure to visit the UK Information Desk (Hall 4.2 stand J41) and view the UK's New Product Showcase. Take inspiration from new product launches at ISM. Our team is based on this stand, so say hello and let us know if there are any companies we can introduce you to.
- Award winning, gourmet popcorn manufacturer, Joe & Seph’s, will launch their new vegan popcorn at ISM alongside showing their extensive range of luxury popcorn in a wide variety of delicious flavours.
- Ethical chocolate maker, Seed & Bean, make 100% organic chocolate bars. Their dark vegan chocolate bars with 100% compostable foil makes them the first UK chocolate brand to have fully compostable packaging.
- Buttermilk, makers of dairy fudge, brittles and honeycomb, will launch their new ranges of Vegan Caramel Sea Salt Honeycomb - Light, crunchy and dipped in rich dark chocolate, caramel salted honeycomb is the perfect sweet treat.
- Exhibiting for the first time at ISM is one of the world’s only manufacturers of gelatine free marshmallows, Freedom Confectionery. Freedom will display their full range of branded retail bags, including new Choc Mallow Bites, as well as launching MallowOut, a world exclusive of the new Gelatine Free Vegan Marshmallow Bar smothered in Moo Free Chocolate. They will also display their full range of B2B food service marshmallows including barrier coated, freeze dried and dehydrated marshmallows.
- The entire MIA range is now officially accredited vegan and the brand has added three additional Great Taste Awards to its portfolio, bringing the total to four: • Baobab & Salted Nibs (2 stars) • 75% Dark Chocolate (2 stars) • 100% Cocoa (1 star) • Candied Orange (1 star)
- At ISM 2018, Candy Kittens announced they were making all their sweets gelatine free. Candy Kittens are a fashion-conscious brand of gourmet sweets made with natural, vegan friendly ingredients.
- Valeo Confectionery has been founded following the merge of Tangerine Confectionery and Big Bear Confectionery businesses, part of the Valeo Foods Group. They will be showing their new exciting vegan friendly hard candy, Frulo Very Cherry Fizzies, which recently won the Innovations Award at Yummex 2019!
- Jealous Sweets produce junk-free sweets. Shamelessly tasty, vegan, gluten-free and sugar-free options. No artificial colours or flavours, all packed beautifully for a guilt free treat.
WANT TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO MEET THE TEAM?
Contact us today
We look forward to welcoming you to the UK group at ISM 2020
ISM takes place 2-5 Feb 2020 in Cologne, Germany and is the largest sweets, biscuits and snacks tradeshow taking place worldwide this year. The UK group will be located in halls 4.2 and 5.2. Please visit the UK information Desk in Hall 4.2 stand J41 for a full listing of all the exhibitors on the UK pavilion
Download our app which details all UK exhibitors at the pavilions we organise including ISM along with full details of many UK food and drink exporters. Search 'UK Food and Drink Exporters' in your app store,